Laser Marking, Engraving and Welding
Northeast Laser is continuously growing. Currently, we operate over 40 laser workstations to meet your laser processing needs. These include both Nd:YAG, CO2, Yitterbium Fiber and UV laser systems (up to 250 watts).
Laser marking and engraving are performed on diode pumped and lamp-pumped, steered beam Nd:YAG and CO2 systems with 0.0015" minimum spot size and up to 31.5" x 31.5" field size.
Laser welding is performed on lamp-pumped Nd:YAG CNC controlled workstations of our own design. NLE has both fixed-optics and fiber-delivered lasers and utilizes lathe-type and CNC interfaced workstations with up to 5 axes of motion. Spot sizes of 0.2 through 2.0mm, and pulse energy of up to 120 joules are available. Vision directed motion and automated inspection is used throughout the welding department.
Our proprietary indexers, as well as rotary and linear motion control systems are all designed in-house, and provide the capability to process orders from one piece to several million pieces. Our robust workstations can handle everything from pc board surface mount devices to large panels and mold cores (up to 4 x 8 feet and 500lbs)
Electropolishing & Passivating
- Large Ultrasonic Cleaning Tank
- (2) Heated Wash Station
- 60" x 36" x 30" Electropolishing Tank
- 60'' x 48'' x 36'' Electropolishing Tank
- Citric Acid Passivation Bath
- Nitric Acid Passivation Bath
- Quadruple Counterflow Post-Rinse
- Heated DI Water Final Rinse
- Spin Dryers and Oven Dryer
- Dried and Filtered Forced Air
Northeast Laser & Electropolish employs environmentally friendly, zero discharge processes
Inspection & Secondary Equipment
- (5) Optical Comparators
- Digital Microscopes w/measurement
- (3) Stereo Zoom Microscopes — Nikon Model SMZ645
- Bead Blasting Booth — Econoline
- Force Tester — Up to 1000 lbf.
- Ultrasonic Cleaner — Lewis
- (10) Computer Graphics Programming Stations
- Assorted Fixtures and Inspection Equipment
Computerized Shipping Department
- United Parcel Service
- Federal Express